Careers at Workit Spaces
Make your best move at Workit.
Senior Full Stack Developer
Build an Ecosystem, not just a Product
Workit Spaces is a fast-growing Australian startup – we’re building innovative ecosystems that power the booming eCommerce industry. To deliver on our mission, we provide eCommerce and Coworking Hubs and this year are launching Australia’s leading order fulfilment SaaS platform and fulfilment network: SKUtopia.
SKUtopia is a cloud-based software solution allowing eCommerce businesses to manage their orders from several storefronts, as well as inventory, shipping and warehousing all from one platform. On top of this, we’ll provide highly robotised 3PL services, which will use SKUtopia with our in house leading computer vision and AI technology for fast delivery, quality control and accuracy.
We are one of Australia’s most exciting startups and are fortunate to have a growing business during the current challenging environment.
About the role
We’re looking for a senior full-stack developer to join our talented dev team. If you’re passionate about infrastructure, addicted to new technologies and want to build a scalable, highly available and fault-tolerant platform, this opportunity is for you. This is a full-time position.
Our mission is to build an amazing product that will power the booming eCommerce industry. We’re developing SKUtopia, a cloud-based software solution allowing eCommerce businesses to manage their orders, inventory, shipping and warehousing in one platform. On top of this, we’ll provide 3PL services, integrated with the software, using our in house leading computer vision and AI technology for speed, quality control and accuracy.
- Develop our application platform using the latest technologies
- Provide innovative solutions for complex issues
- Handle the entire backend development cycle – infrastructure, backend architecture, design, development, deployment, monitoring and testing
- Designing and developing backend web application features using Typescript / Node.js / GraphQL / Python
- Develop reusable code
- You’re a doer, a savvy technologist and a team player; with
- Excellent cross-functional communication and project management skills
- Experienced in the design and implementation of highly scalable and distributed web applications
- Have a high standard of code quality, testing and performance
- 4 years experience in programming languages such as Typescript and Node.js
- At least 4 years of experience with infrastructure and configuration of large PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with APIs and query languages such as GraphQL
- Experience with designing backend architecture including database design
- Experience setting up infrastructure
- At least 3 years experience developing scalable React applications using Redux or other state management
- High visual attention to detail
- Strong CSS and responsive design knowledge
- Experience in supporting a range of browsers and mobile devices
Nice to have (but by no means essential)
- Experience with Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform
- Terraform experience
- Android experience
- Unity experience
When you join us, you’ll be an important pillar of Australia’s hottest startup. From day one you will be challenged to take risks, think big and make an impact while getting lots of love and support from the team.
We offer a competitive remuneration packages, a diverse and inclusive work environment and exclusive Member Perks. Be part of a company that truly appreciates its employees.
Strictly no recruiters, thanks.
If you fit most of the above but not all, we encourage you to apply. We value the combined package of experience, skills and mindset.
Location: Alexandria, SYDNEY
Team: Product Development
Role: Senior Full Stack Developer
Type: Full Time
Onsite, Remote or Flexible? Flexible
How we hire
Step 1: Apply!
Tell us what you will bring to our team and community. If you have most of the skills but not quite all, we encourage you to apply.
Step 2: Initial call
We’ll get to know you and your passions and experience, typically on a remote call with one-to-two people from Workit.
Step 3: Interview
Here’s when we get into the good stuff! We want to see how you think and respond to situations. Great candidates have done their research and will focus on the impact they’ve delivered in past roles. You may want to present past work – we love to see an outcome! – and come prepared with questions for us too.
Your interview may include a role-based task that’s designed as an opportunity to showcase your talent. Your interview panel will include 2-3 people, including the hiring manager.
Step 4: Meet the team
You’ll have the opportunity to meet with a cross-section of potential colleagues throughout the process and understand their perspectives and how your role fits into the bigger picture.
Step 5: Offer
If it’s green lights from us and you, you’ll receive an offer subject to two successful references.
“Our technical solutions have day-to-day impact and it’s really satisfying to see.”
Curtis Campion, SKUtopia Product Manager
“We’re transforming the warehouse and logistics space by embracing the opportunities offered by AI and computer vision.”
Elakkiya Ramarajan, Software Engineer and Data Scientist